2012년 11월 29일 목요일

Moose

     My life has changed a lot after I got into "Rhyme Factory" one of performance clubs in KMLA. I never danced before. However, after I got into "Rhyme Factory' I got interested into dancing. Especially "b-boying' since I was b-boy in Rhyme Factory. As more and more I looked up many videos and tutorials about b-boy, more I got interested into it, and more cool it looked. Step up is one of those movies and videos I got interested in after became b-boy of Rhyme Factory Crew. And "Moose" is my favorite character in the movie. He dance so powerful, and he does various kinds of dance. From pop-pin to break dancing.


     I would like to introduce more about break dancing, since it is where I belong. The break dance is part of the genre called "Hip Hop". Hip Hop is culture that originated in 1970's in African american society of New York. Hip Hop culture is characterized by the four elements of rapping, DJing, breaking, and graffiti.




Top Rock
Foot Work
Nike freeze
     B-boying can be divided into two major moves. The style move, and power move. The style move is basic of break dancing. It is consisted of Top rock, foot works, and freezes. Top rock is dancing with your body stood up. The point is that you do one move at one beat. Before top rocking you should consider the most base beats under the music. One important part of top rock is up-down. You constantly repeat ups and downs often using your chest. The next moves are foot works. You get close to the ground and than perform your moves. You try to make big moves using your legs. In this case you also have to listen closely to the beats, and do your moves accordingly to the beats under the music. The last move is freeze. Freeze is freeze as it literally mean. You get into freeze position for few seconds. Usually freeze is used at the last part of your dance as big performance. Also there are various kinds of freeze such as baby freeze, turtle freeze, shoulder freeze, chair freeze, and so on.


Nineteen ninety
Head Spin
Cricket
     The Power move is probably moves that most of people think about when they say b-boy. It consists most hardest moves of b-boy. There are style movers, but indeed most of the b-boys are able to do some power moves, and power movers are the one who are  important in battles. And at least they look cooler to me. In order to perform power moves you need to have strength, and sense of balance beyond normal people have. Also, you need a lot of practice to master one power moves. And more time to create your own. The most basic power moves are probably windmill, thomas, head spin, cricket, and nineteen ninety.


I want to practice a lot. And be like one of professional bboys. And I am planning to do some cool things at the christmas party. I hope to be able to master those moves before the party.


To give you more sense of what b-boy is I'll put a little video (bboy battle) for you to watch.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기